Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hump Day

This has been an exhausting week, and its only Wednesday.
The kids all started school this week, which went great for them, but has proved to be exhausting for me.
Pick-up and drop-off at pre-k is like being in school all over again myself as all the parents have to wait outside on lines as we wait for our kids' classes to be called. Drop off has been ok, but pick-up, that's a different story. First, I get there 10-15 min before just so I can be toward the front of the line and wait in the shady area instead of in the blazing hot sun as summer has made a very unwelcome return the past couple of days.. Then, finally, they start calling everyone in, but start with the higher number classrooms first. And where are my kids? Yes, that's right, in two of the lowest-number classrooms. So, then after a whole lot of waiting (with an impatient two-year old, to boot) I have to figure out how to get my two kids. The first two days I went in when they called J's room, and was able to pick M up on the way. So she was first out of her room, but then I'm last on the line for J's room, and I feel terrible he's the last one out, like he's thinking I forgot about him, when the reality is I've been at the school for a freaking half an hour already. So, today, I cheated. I went in when they called the room before J's room and got them both out of their rooms first! No one seemed to care, but I'm sure at some point I'll be yelled at for breaking the rules.


No comments:

Post a Comment