Monday, August 26, 2013

Lazy, oh yeah and the VMAs.

Could I be any lazier today? I'm being the most terrible mom ever, letting the kids watch tv and play games on the xbox the entire day, but I just can't motivate myself to get off the couch. They are fighting over whether to watch Dora or Elmo while I just shrug my shoulders and let them figure it out.
I could have been using this time constructively, perhaps getting some work done, but no, I'm too busy reading articles about the train wreck that was Miley Cyrus at the VMAs last night.
Seriously, what was up with her? Some people are calling her a whore or a skank, or whatever synonym you choose for that general idea, but I think she was trying to make some kind of desperate attempt at ditching the "Hannah Montana" image of her teen days. It's like she was saying "Yeah would Hannah Montana do this ?(as she masturbates with a big foam finger) and this? (as she twerks up against Robin Thicke's crotch) Fuck you all!"

And so, not only did I already dislike the song "Don't Stop," but she also ruined "Blurred Lines" for me, which had been my favorite song of the summer. I found the video for "Blurred Lines," tons of boobies and all, less offensive than Miley's performance last night. Robin Thicke could have done a live performance of the video and I think there would be less controversy.


So let me get of the Miley/Robin rant for a minute and talk about the awesomeness of Justin Timberlake. I already have a not-so-secret crush on him, and his performance last night made me love him all that much more. And the N*Sync reunion made me smile from ear-to-ear. When N*Sync was popular, I was in college, so I really wasn't supposed to like boy bands. But now that it's 15 years later, I'm not ashamed to say I was a fan. I wasn't screaming at their concerts or anything, but I was blasting "Dirty Pop" in my car.
We have tickets to see Justin in November and after watching him last night, I can't wait!


I'd also like to give out props to Gaga for her creativity and Mermaid thong. And Macklemore, because I have a lot of respect for him in writing, releasing, and performing 'Same Love." It brought a tear to my eye when he won the VMA for Best Video with a Message. If you haven't seen the video for this song, you absolutely need to check it out.


So that's my take on the VMAs. I kind of wanted to see Katy Perry close the show but I'd had enough before we got that far. I enjoyed episode 7 of season two of "Downton Abbey" much more. Where have I been the past few years this show has been on? I'll save that for next time. I need to go back to being lazy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment